Barnett has been in the production of crossbows for many years and they are yet to disappoint archers and hunters. Barnett Zombie 350 CRT crossbow comes with three 20-inch arrows, quick detachable quiver and 3-power scope all in one package.
Its tactical design is something that beats all the imagination and to think that it retails for $500-$600, you would want to invest in it without any qualms. It would interest you to know that it is accompanied with a crank- cocking device, a great treat for those who cannot cope with a rope-cocking device.
In addition, it has an outstanding speed and high level of accuracy even at 60 yards. It measures 33 by 13 by 7 inches. These are comfortable dimensions for shooting in bushy environments as well as in clear fields. Its weight is also easy to handle.
• 350fps arrow velocity Barnette Zombie 350 CRT is fast enough to bring down even on a target in motion. Once you fire it, you can be assured of hitting the object before it knows you are there. If you use the appropriate arrows and draw the bowstring correctly, you should be able to reach this arrow speed or even more as previous customers have affirmed.
• 12-inch power stroke It is not the highest, but its draw weight of 175 pounds compensates for the overall energy produced to accelerate the bolts. Usually, the arrow speed is a product of draw weight and power stroke.
• 7.8-pound total weight The Carbon Riser Technology (CRT) used in the construction of its front has helped to reduce its overall weight significantly. This has made it the most favorable crossbow to carry with you while on a hiking excursion. You can carry it around for a couple of kilometers without putting pressure on your shoulders. Also, the sling helps you in carrying this model.
• Detachable 3-arrow quiver Another striking feature of this model is the removable quiver that is designed to accommodate three arrows of 20 inches each.
• 332 illuminated scope These features a 3-scope to help in sighting. The scope is mounted on machined aluminum. It produces an amazing accuracy for both close and further objects. If zeroed correctly, it will never fail to align a target accurately.
• Cocking aid The Barnette Zombie can come either with a rope-cocking device or crank cocking device. It all depends on the preferences of the archer. Rope cocking devices are known to be easy to operate and the most popular, especially in target shooting.
• Compact design This compacted crossbow is not very long or too wide to reduce its functionality in the outdoors. You can use it in different environments and in various positions.
• Appealing black finish Its black fine finish adds to its beauty as well as camouflaging it in the woods.
How to use
First, assemble this device according to the manual. Get ready for the task ahead by placing your arm on the groove provided on the stock of the crossbow. Also, ensure that you are in a comfortable position to avoid being affected by the kickback force produced once you fire the crossbow.
Use the rope cocking device to cock the equipment and be sure that is completely secured to the draw cocking mechanism. Get one of the 20-inch arrows and place it in the quiver. Now switch on the automatic safety. At this stage, your crossbow is ready for firing.
Please note that this equipment is set to fire at targets that are within 20 to 40 yards. Let the base of the crossbow to lean against your shoulder and one arm to run along it, for enhanced balance. With the scope sight the target until it is aligned to your shooting range. Release the safety and pull the trigger. The arrow will then shoot right into the target. It is that simple but only if you follow the instructions.
Firing a crossbow is an interesting exercise but a challenge to the beginners in hunting. If you are a starter, do not fire into undefined targets since you might hurt people or other animals. Practice with solid objects and then proceed to real hunting.
All in all, for the best experience in target shooting, sport hunting or game hunting, you will never go wrong with Barnett Zombie 350 CRT. The features and the design compensate for the price you will have bear to own one unit of this nature.